Registering for the DataMotion Customer Support Portal
This guide will help you become familiar with the Customer Ticketing Portal for DataMotion Support. From this portal, you will have the ability to register yourself so that you can submit tickets to the DataMotion Support Team, as well as review previous tickets you have submitted along with their details. This guide will walk you through the registration process, as well as using the system.
To begin, you must register your e-mail address within the DataMotion system. Open an Internet browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and navigate to the DataMotion Customer Support Portal.
- On the DataMotion Customer Support Portal, click "Sign up now."
- On the Create Account screen, please enter your first name, last name, and the email address that you would like to register for your support tickets. Your title is optional. Submit the form by clicking the "Create" button.
Note: The email address you enter here will be where all ticket information and communication is sent.
- You should now see the following confirmation:
- You should also have received a confirmation email in the inbox of the email address you specified. This email will contain your username (which is the same as the email address you entered), as well as an auto-generated password. You will have to use this password to log in the first time, at which point we strongly recommend you change the password.
Accessing Your Preferences
- Once you've logged in, click the "Preferences" link in the top right corner of the page under the DataMotion banner.
- Once in Preferences, you have four (4) different settings that you can change:
- Interface Language - what language you would like the page displayed in.
- Number of Displayed Tickets - this changes the number of tickets that are displayed per page
- Ticket Overview - how often your tickets' page updates
- Change Password - where to change your password
Changing Your Password
- In the "Change Password" section, type the password that was e-mailed to you, into the field that says “Current Password”
- Enter your new password in the “New Password” field.
- Reenter your new password in the “Verify Password” field.
- Click on Update and your password will now be changed to the desired password.