The SecureMail Gateway allows you to create User Groups for use in Policies and Rules. Defining these groups can be done in a variety of ways including:
- Manual entry of individual email addresses.
- Pattern matching of email addresses using wildcards and Regular Expressions.
- Bulk import of email addresses from an external file.
- Dynamic importing of email addresses from an external file with automatic background updating when the file is changed.
Creating a User Group
If this is your first time using the Gateway, there will be no user groups defined on the User Groups screen. In order to create a user group to take advantage of all the features they provide, perform the following steps:
- On the New User Group screen enter a name for the user group into the Group Name: field.
- Enter an email address into the User E-mail Address: field.Note that this step is optional, but highly recommended due to all the added benefits of user groups being lost with no users in the group).
- Click the OK button.
Adding Multiple Users to Groups
If your company has a large amount of users and you need to create multiple User Groups, there are built in options available to you.
Click the Import button to open the Import File window. You can select between Static which is useful if you know that the file you are selecting will never change, or Dynamic which will monitor the file date and reload the contents automatically. Select a file using the three dots “…” button next to the Filename to Import: textbox and click the OK button.
Useful for matching a pattern of email addresses via the “*” and “?” symbols. Select the Use: checkbox to enable this feature.
This option is useful if you require more complex pattern matching. Selecting this option in the Use: checkbox will cause the Expression Builder button to appear next to the drop-down. Selecting the button will open the Regular Expression Builder window where you can design your regular expression using the following fields:
Expression Display Name
Enter a meaningful name for your expression.
Regular Expression Pattern
Enter the pattern that your regular expression will use to search text.
Test text to be searched:
The text entered here will be used as the search material for the Regular Expression Pattern field. This text can be entered manually or loaded from a file by using the Load from File button.
Displays the matches that your regular expression is able to find. The format will be Found ‘text’ at index “position (will be numeric starting at 0).”
Clicking this button will test the pattern you entered against the text in the search field.