A standard feature for all DataMotion Direct accounts is access to the DataMotion Healthcare Provider Directory (HPD). The DataMotion HPD is a growing Direct subscriber information database that allows any DataMotion Direct user to search for their intended Direct recipient by a variety of criteria, including:
- Provider name
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Healthcare organization name, street address
- Medical specialty
- Function/role and many others
DataMotion Direct Messaging Portal
For users of the DataMotion Direct Messaging Portal, access to the DataMotion HPD is available through the search field integrated into the Messaging Portal Address Book function. Users can search the DataMotion HPD by provider name, organization, location, NPI, or specialty to discover a Direct address. Once an address is found, a user can set the address in a message or save it to their address book.
Accessing the DataMotion HPD
- Once you’ve successfully logged into the DataMotion Direct Messaging Portal https://ssl.dmhisp.com, there are two ways to access the Address Book.
- The first way is to select “Address Book” from the “My Account” options within the Member Center. This will bring you directly to the Address Book.
- The second way to access the Address Book is from the Compose message screen.
And once there, select “Address Book”
- From the Address Book, select “Access HPD”
- This will bring up the HPD Search Window.
Searching the HPD
- Enter your desired criteria, either the provider or organization information, within the Search Filters and click the Search button.
Note: When you type into the Specialty field, the HPD Search Window will give you a drop-down list of specialties matching the text you enter. You can select from this list, so you don’t have to type the full name of the specialty; however, if you don’t see the Specialty you’d like, feel free to enter one on your own.
- Only those HPD entries containing your search text (case-insensitive) will be displayed in the results. It does not need to be a complete or an exact match; that is, you can enter a part of a name or number and any HPD entries containing the filter text you enter will be returned as a match. For example, if you enter “stein” in the Last Name filter field, the results will include Goldstein, Stein, Steinfelder, etc.
Please note: the completeness of the search results depends on how the providers have identified themselves and the information they have supplied for the HPD [in addition to the providers’/organizations’ NPI data]. If you are having trouble locating a provider/organization, try broadening your search parameters.
- When you click the Search button, the results will be displayed in the Search Results section of the HPD Search window. You can refine your search criteria and click the Search button again to improve your results.
Viewing Provider Details
- To view more details about the provider, select the more details button within the Search Results view.
- This will bring up a new window with additional details about the provider, including NPIs, specialties, Fax, and Role if available.
Note: Specialties are either pulled from the provider’s NPI [NUCC Provider Taxonomy Code], or entered free-form upon registration with DataMotion. Free-form specialties will not have a corresponding Taxonomy Code.
Returning Search Results
- To select the search results to return to your address book, select the checkbox of the corresponding provider(s). You may select as many providers as you wish; or to return all addresses found, select the top-most check box.
To switch between the Search Results and the Search Filters sections, click the Search Filters bar at the top of the search window. To switch back to the results, click the Search Results bar at the bottom of the search window
- Once a provider has been selected, you will be able to select from the four remaining buttons.
Making Use of the Direct Addresses
Now that you’ve successfully located the provider Direct addresses that you need, there are a few different actions within the HPD Search Window.
- Selecting the “Add to Address Book” button will return all selected providers to your address book.
- Selecting the “Add to To”, “Add to Cc”, or “Add to Bcc” buttons from the HPD Search Window will also return the addresses to your Address Book and auto-populate the check-boxes for “To”, “Cc”, and “Bcc” respectively.]
For DataMotion Direct Integration Partners
Comprehensive access to the DataMotion HPD is provided via the HPD Web Services API for EHR software vendors and other health IT solution providers. It allows HPD integration into an application user interface. The web services API exposes search functionality using the same parameters so it can be integrated into existing software and workflows.
For more information about the DataMotion HPD Web Services API, check out the Developer Documentation.