This article is a quick, how-to guide for installing the Outlook Button. For more in-depth, comprehensive information, download our DataMotion SecureMail Plugin for Microsoft Outlook Guide
The Outlook Button is a a plugin that enables you to send and receive encrypted email right from your Outlook client. Once installed, there will be a separate button in your compose email window that says “Send Secure”, which will allow you to send SecureMail messages. Each button is uniquely tied to your SecureMail account and will not work with any other SecureMail address.
Downloading the Button
In order to install the Button in your Outlook client, you must first retrieve the installer from the Member Center in the SecureMail Web Portal:
- Log into your SecureMail account SecureMail Web Portal
- If you aren’t already on the Member Center page, select “Member Center” from the top navigation bar
- Under “Download Console”, select “Client Downloads”
- Select the version you wish to download from the drop-down menu.
- It is very important that you download the proper version of the Button. The instructions present on the page will help you determine which version of Outlook (32-bit or 64-bit) you are running, but if you are still unsure, check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base article here
- Click Download Now! and if prompted, save the download your Desktop.
Installing the Button
- Once you’ve downloaded the Button installer, close any open Outlook windows.
- Double-click on the installer file you’ve just downloaded to bring up the Setup Wizard.
- In the Setup Wizard window, click Next.
- After reviewing the End-User License Agreement, accept the terms and click Next.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Open up your Outlook application.
- A message will pop up asking you to active the plug-in. Sometimes the pop-up may take a few moments to appear.
- Type in your SecureMail account password and click OK.