The DataMotion SecureMail for G Suite™ service allows sensitive data to be securely exchanged with customers, business partners and vendors. It’s easy to use since SecureMail integrates with applications, mobile devices and systems already in use, without the need to install special apps or exchange encryption keys. After following the steps in this guide, G Suite for Business, Education, or Government customer can send and receive sensitive data right from their Gmail™ webmail service, with confidence that the messages are delivered securely and in compliance with privacy regulations.
The remainder of this article discusses how to setup your G Suite service to work with DataMotion SecureMail and assumes that you possess both a G Suite account and the access rights necessary to perform administrative tasks.
Accessing the Gmail Settings
- Log in to the G Suite at: //admin.google.com.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on G Suite.
- Make sure Gmail is turned On for everyone. (If you have multiple Organizational Units, see Turn on or off G Suite services for detailed instructions on how to turn services on or off).
- Click Gmail to bring you to the Settings for Gmail page.
Adding a Mail Host
- On the Settings for Gmail page, click on Hosts.
- Select Add route to create a mail route to the DataMotion SecureMail Gateway.
- Use the following settings for the mail route.
- Name: DataMotion
- Select Single Host email server
- Host Name: gateway.datamotion.com
- Port: 587
- Select Require secure transport (TLS)
- Select Require CA signed certificate
- Select Save to create the route.
Content Compliance Settings
- Back on the Settings for Gmail page, scroll down and click on Advanced settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the OU for which you want to configure settings. (If you do not have any sub-organizations created, you will not see an Organizations section, and you can skip this step.)
- Scroll to (or search for) the Content compliance section and select Configure.
- In the Add setting pop-up window, select Outbound and Internal – sending to ensure that all outbound messages are affected by this rule. Add “SecureMail” (or other appropriate description) to proceed.
- Select Add in the Expressions
- Select Save.
- As the action for messages that match your chosen expression, select Change route and select the DataMotion mail host.
- In the Show options section select the account types to effect and any other options desired.
- Select Add setting.
- Select Save on the Advanced settings screen at the bottom of the page when it appears.